Thursday, June 12, 2008

Final Folio

Sunrise is beautiful, isn't it?
Yea, i stayed up everyday just to see the beautiful sunrise.
YA RIGHT!!
I've never even seen a sunrise when i was in secondary school, what to say when i was in KL.
But things are different in Uni, especially doing Architecture. Staying up late till morning, seeing sunrise, 3 hours nap in the noon, seeing sunset, and next thing you know, its another sunrise again. But, it doesn't mean i don't like it. Im enjoying every bit of it.



So, there was 1 and a half week for final folio.
It was about designing a Photography Centre to promote arts of photography in Perth and also as an iconic building that could bring life and activities into the site.

I spent 4 days on Autocad drawings to get my plans, sections, elevations and laser cutting layout done. Things might look simple here, but actually its not.






Thank God for laser cutter. Last year i cut and made all my models with my own hand which needed at least 2 days to complete.
But this year, things were done by laser cutter that cuts perfectly in less than half an hour time.
What i need to do was sticking parts together like puzzle.




Again, it looks simple. But I had difficulties too. For example joining and sticking this tiny staircase.
Its impossible for me to cut them without machine.


My working table in one of the tute room

Spray paints for our model

My model was erected at 5.55am.
5 minutes to sunrise


A closer look

The angled roof where solar panels will be placed
6.45am

At 8.18am, the pool as the roof was done.

Different view

At 10am, i went home for a 3 hours nap.

Window frames as gutters and columns were done at 5.36pm.
Final touch was the blue transparent perspex and was the hardest part.
It took me hours to get them done.



When i finished my model, it was already Tuesday night. I only had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning to finish my drawings which was a bit impossible.
So without wasting time, i started my drawings right after.

My living room, full of rubbish.

Ryan's speakers that kept us awake the whole week.
We blasted songs as if there were no neighbours around.


Living room, where my friends got their rest after doing work in Uni

I did my drawings quite rushly because of the time left.
I was supposed to render most of my drawings but because time passed so fast that just a snap, it was Friday already.
I only managed to render 2 drawings at the very last minute before submission.


Perspective drawings of my design (exterior and interior)

After rendering

All drawings were drawn on A1 size paper which is really huge and hard to deal with.

Plans and Sections

Sustainability design: Summer and Winter sun angle


Reflection of summer and winter sun that creates natural lighting


Section

Section

Natural air ventilation


Piping system

Rendered site plan
Was kinda disappointed because i didn't get to finish rendering them. If i could render it, it could be a better folio.
:(



Final Model on its site

Pool on top


Plan



Overall, Im happy with this design, except the rendering part.
So what do you guys think?

:)

1 comment:

Lovely said...

wow looks good!
those tiny stairs look so cute, bet they were a pain to just stick together